Your transmission is the nerve center of your car. It makes sure that the engine runs at the appropriate intensity to get your wheels turning, and tells it to shifts gears when the need arises. In short, without a properly functioning transmission, your vehicle is going nowhere fast! For reliable, affordable transmission repairs, look to the team that has provided bumper-to-bumper auto care in Kealakekua, HI for many years: AutoTech.
Telltale signs of transmission trouble
Could your transmission be on the verge of failure? These common indicators point to “yes,” as in, “yes, it’s time to call AutoTech right away!”
- “Check engine” light is on
- Vehicle won’t switch gears
- Burning smells
- Noisy when in neutral
- Gears slipping
- Clutch fails to disengage
- Leaking transmission fluid
- Grinding or shaking when gears shift
- Humming, whining, or clunking
- Vehicle won’t shift from park to drive
An ounce of prevention
If you need transmission repair or replacement, AutoTech is happy to help; however, we’d much rather you make an appointment for regular transmission service according to the instructions on your owner’s manual. During a preventative transmission service, your ASE-certified mechanic will:
- Flush your old transmission fluid and replace it with new fluid
- Replace or clean the filter
- Examine the sump pump or pan
- Clean or replace pan gasket
- Inspect drive axles and differentials
- Depending on the make, model, and age of your vehicle, transmission service should be scheduled every 2-3 years.
ASE-certified and proud
“ASE” stands for the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence. The mechanics at AutoTech carry this certification, not only for your peace of mind, but because they take pride in their work. If your current transmission service provider doesn’t carry the ASE stamp on their uniform, turn around, head out the door, and head to AutoTech in Kealakekua, HI.